Thursday, September 29, 2011

lunch with Javier and more.......

Javier, my dear Spanish teacher from Pittsfield, who is back here in Ecuador, took me out to lunch today.  What a treat!  We have so much fun together because there are so many wonderful memories & so much laughter.  I don´t know where we went, but it wasn´t nearby.  Since he now has a car, traveling there was easy, if you ignore the fact that being in a moving vehicle is muy peligroso (very dangerous).
We ate encebollado--a kind of fish stew/soup with lots of onions.  ¡Excelente!

I have completed my practice teaching, which I believe went well.  Below is a photo of the students, with their certificates from the practice teaching.  Will get feedback mañana.


Saturday I´m off to Cuenca.  Will be doing student placement testing on Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday.  Teaching officially begins on Thursday.  My teaching hours will be 7:00 AM to 9:00 AM & 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM Monday through Friday.  This is to accommodate people who are working and want to learn English, so have to go to school either before or after work.  My sleeping routine & hours have been turned upside down.  Am making it work!

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck in Cuenca!!! Any may many new friends come your way!!! Linda

    ReplyDelete