Tuesday, September 13, 2011

No longer have to pinch myself!

So now with 12 days under my belt, I no longer have to pinch myself to believe that I´m really here.  Sort of getting into a rhythm.  Last night when I was out with Javier & we were reminiscing about the Berkshires, I found that I couldn´t remember the names of various places back home.  Maybe that´s age, but maybe it´s also that I´m so focussed and immersed in the present that there´s kind of a haziness re where I´ve come from.  Also my brain is working very hard on communicating in Spanish, so it can only do so much!

Re the questions I´ve received about eating cuy (guinea pig), the fact is, I ate it before, both here & when I was in Peru.  It was roasted.  Served with plantains, rice, & avocado.  Yummy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment