Saturday, December 10, 2011

Slowly, but surely, am developing some friendships.

The fact that slowly I seem to have a social life is makes all the difference in the world to me.  One of my students invited me to meet her at the restaurant where she works today (Saturday).  It's a seafood place, where I had a wonderful seafood stew, with a huge crab resting on top.  After eating I went with her, her 9 year old daughter, her boyfriend, and a boy, who I would say is about 11 (I don't know how he fits into the picture), to see my second movie in Ecuador.  This one was Gato en Botas (Puss in Boots).  Another movie that I wouldn't choose to see, but again the experience is what it's about and the movie, of course, was in Spanish.  I could follow the story because it was a cartoon, but understood probably 50%, which is less than what I understood of Crepúsulo (Twilight).
And I have plans for tomorrow (Sunday) too!  It's not clear what I'll be doing, but with a woman, an ex-pat from the U.S., who is in the process of becoming a resident here.
Having people to connect with eases the adjustment, which is never-ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment