Monday, December 19, 2011

last class

Had my last class for this term this morning.  I have found the morning group of students to be rather challenging as several of them wanted to focus on grammar & were very hesitant about trying to speak English.  Often it felt like a battle.  In the end they learned a lot, as did I.  I believe that they know that they learned a lot and I sensed some satisfaction in our last class today.  They surprised me with a cake and soda, plus several brought gifts for me.  I feel optimistic that most, hopefully all, will come back for the next level of classes in January.

My last class with my evening students was Friday night.  We went out to a restaurant/bar.  It was fun, but a bit loud.


Off to Quito to be with my daughters & travel around the country a bit!

1 comment:

  1. hey i wanted to surprice you too i stoped by and i brought you a carrot cake ,ther was like students party . the teacher who is taking care ur class said that you were in ecuador well i hoppe you doing good and happy hanoukah

    ReplyDelete