Sunday, October 9, 2011

reality has hit!!

This is hard!  Harder than I could have dreamed.  Teaching is challenging, especially because there is no curriculum, which means that I have to figure it all out & my formal training is limited.  Somehow or other, I will make it work.  My students seem good.  They are very motivated, which serves to make me work harder.

The novelty of everything has worn off.  It's as if I have to change my lenses & get rid of the perspective from which I came.  Life is SO different here, but I am determined to make it work, but work it will be......

One foot in front of the other......Onward!

2 comments:

  1. Claudia! Happy Belated Birthday!I am enjoying your blog very much - every entry is a treat to read and imagine you in your new surroundings. How wonderful that you have such a nice family to live with AND your own bathroom.

    Keep the posts and vignettes coming!

    Best,
    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Claudia, shared your blog with the class tonight because I knew they would have words of encouragement for you.

    We are all wishing you the best. We know you will be a success. The first week was hard but the next weeks will be better and you will be feeling more at home. We like your picture. We miss you!

    Jorje, Milagro, John Paul, Domerica, Maria Jordao, Joe and Greta

    Jorje wants to invite you to visit with his family some weekend :-).

    ReplyDelete