Thursday, October 20, 2011

Adapting....

My sense of humor, patience, ability to adapt to less & to take things in stride grow every day.  Prime example:  of course I know that most bathrooms do not have toilet paper or soap so I always bring my own, but when the water stopped flowing from the sinks in the bathroom in the school where I teach, right after I had soaped my hands, I just shrugged my shoulders.  The water has returned for the moment, but now there is no light in there.  Fortunately I have a little flashlight attached to my keys so I can see.

Most of us know that much of the world has so much less than we have in the U.S., but living without what we take for granted is altogether something else.  You make do.  No hay otra opciones.  (There are no other options!)

No comments:

Post a Comment