Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Mindo, etc.

Last Thursday through Sunday, I was in Mindo, which is about 2 1/2 hours NW of Quito for the mid-service meeting of WorldTeach (WT).  It was an opportunity for all of the WT teachers (now 36, originally 42) to reconnect, get updated, learn some new things, reflect, and prepare for the 2nd half of our time in Ecuador.  We're not quite at halftime, but very close.



Mindo is in a cloud forest; thus it rains a lot & it did!  I wasn't as impressed with the town as I thought I would be, but most of the time that I was there was meeting time.  Perhaps it's more interesting outside of the small town, where there are things like rafting & going on a canopy tour.  I did go to the orchid garden & a hummingbird sanctuary.  The highlight for me was swimming 50 lengths in the pool where we stayed.

Instead of taking a 10-12 hour bus ride back to Cuenca from Quito, I had bought a round-trip plane ticket from Cuenca to Quito & had the wonderful opportunity to spend time with Nancy, the woman with whom I stayed when I was in Quito for the month of September.  We are good buddies & it was fun reconnecting with her again.

I have now been back in Cuenca for 3 days and my classes are going VERY well.  My students are wonderful.  I do believe that they are having fun while learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment