Sunday, May 6, 2012

more incredible art

As I've said, there are artists in Cuenca using every kind of media imaginable.  There are also artists who renovate beautiful old buildings.  One of the buildings across the street from the main site of the school where I teach is a work in progress.  I have no idea how old the building is, but when I started teaching at CEDEI, its front was drab.  It is now in the process of being renovated and it is more beautiful.  The men painting the building are truly artists.  Below shows the new, fresh color and where the man is standing, is the area that still has to be painted.  I shouldn't be, but I continue to be amazed at the talent that surrounds me!



Here is the other man, working on another part of this building, adding gold specks to the rectangular area that he's facing.

No comments:

Post a Comment