Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Moving on.....


I'm getting out a little now & does it ever feel good.  On Saturday I had breakfast out with Esperanza & her daughter at her brother's new restaurant.  Great food & the 1st time out & away from the house.  Then I had lunch at my friend Meredith's house.  She is great company.  We always have so much to talk about.  Sunday morning, Rodrigo & Rocio, the parents of  Camila, to whom I tutored English, drove me to Baños, a place where there are thermal pools.  The water, which is heated from lava under the earth, is very warm, soothing, & therapeutic.  My PT had suggested that I walk in a pool over the weekend as he would not be coming for PT then.  Sunday afternoon, my friend Hugo called, offering to take me to get ice cream.  We went to this little place about 15 minutes away, where there was a long line & lots of cars.  Everyone was there for the ice cream.  Reminded me of some special deal on a hot day at Ben & Jerry's.  Then we went for a walk at Parque Paraiso, where there were crowds of people.  Unbeknownst to us, they were celebrating Colombia's Independence Day.  (There are many Colombian's here.)  Many people were flying kites.  Everywhere it seems, they are selling kites.  This is the windy time of year and it's school vacation.  
kites for sale

not bad for someone who was discharged from an 18 day hospitalization only days earlier
Hugo & me (he asked a police officer to take our picture)

No comments:

Post a Comment