Friday, November 11, 2011

water & bathroom issues!

Just when I thought that I was more often than not winning the competition between how fast can I take a shower and how long the water remains somewhat warm, now we have NO water!  I'll take a cold shower over NO shower any day.  The waterless situation is not just in my house, but basically the whole barrio (neighborhood) & then some.  I've been told that it's related to the fact that there has been a lot of rain & as a result, I think there are some trees or other things obstructing the path of the water.  I don't completely get it, nor do I not like the fact that I have not showered for 2 days.  Yuck!

On this same subject, I have gotten somewhat used to that fact that the bathrooms in the school where I teach are basically non-functional.  Without going into detail, no water in the sinks there is mostly the norm, so when the water exploded out of the faucet the other day, giving me sort of a shower (prior to the waterless situation at home), I reacted by laughing.  Laughing is really the only way to deal with the ongoing unpredictability and inconsistency of the life that I am experiencing.

No comments:

Post a Comment