Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Almost there!!

I can't believe I finally leave in less than 1 week.  It seems like it's been forever....started the application process in November 2010, was accepted in February 2011, have been slowly mentally & physically getting ready & now I can almost taste it!  There's been a transition that's been happening for about a week.  It seems that things at home in my community look different--it's as if there's a filter over my eyes and I'm taking things in differently.  I believe I'm saying adios to my surroundings in preparation for my leave-taking.  It's like I'm absorbing my world here in the Berkshires and kind of putting it away to make space for this wonderful experience I'm about to embark on.  I'm open & ready for whatever is ahead.  Yeah!!

Here is a photo of getting organized, having spent too much time already trying to pack.

3 comments:

  1. Tú debes decirnos todo acerca de sus aventuras en los Andes. Has escrito la primera entrega en Inglés, pero puedo predecir que vas a escribir la mayoría de sus historias en español. ¡Está bien! Tú aprenderás mucho español, y definitivamente vamos a estar entretenidos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am in the Miami airport & am jumping out of my skin. Everyone in my group es muy simpático. On the flight here I sat next to a man from Ecuador, por supuesto! Never fails to be a meant to be experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claudia, I love reading your accounts. Keep them up and I will enjoy sitting back and reading them.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete